All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $57.63Trending at AU $60.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.61
About this product
- DescriptionPo.Ex: Essays from Portugal on Cyberliterature and Intermedia is a crucial addition to the bookshelf for scholars and students of new media, digital literature, and experimental writing. Available for the first time outside of Portuguese, these essays are crucial primary texts of experimental literature. Po.Ex shows a long history of procedural composition and expressive intermedial writing, leading directly to the latest computer and network-based artworks. Collecting essays by Pedro Barbosa, Ana Hatherly, and E. M. de Melo e Castro, along with framing essays by the editors and extensive bibliographical materials,this book situates today's digital and online texts in a rich tradition of European literature. New forms of writing appear in the encounter of literature and digital media, just as old forms are renewed. Po.Ex is an archive of the past, present, and future of cyberliterature and intermedia writing.
- Author BiographyRui Torres is Associate Professor of the Faculty of Human and Social Sciences at University Fernando Pessoa (UFP-Oporto), Portugal, where he coordinates the Project 'PO.EX'70-80 - Digital Archive of Portuguese Experimental Literature. Sandy Baldwin is Director of the Center for Literary Computing and Associate Professor of English at West Virginia University.
- PublisherWest Virginia University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- SubjectFiction Companions
- Place of PublicationMorganstown
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWest Virginia University Press
- Weight376 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byRui Torres,Sandy Baldwin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.