All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $28.50Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.71
About this product
- DescriptionPocahontas, daughter of Chief Powhatan, has been promised to her betrothed, Kokum, according to custom. It is 1607 and the life of Pocahontas-like that of the entire American continent-is about to change dramatically. With her love of freedom-as well as her belief in understanding and tolerance between the two peoples-and by defying her father's taboos, Pocahontas forges a relationship with the newly arrived British colonists. She secretly provides them with food and saves the life of the handsome Captain Smith, falling madly in love. This dynamic new graphic vel evokes the end of a way of life against the backdrop of territorial and amorous rivalries.
- Author BiographyLoic Locatelli-Kournwsky was born in Oyonnax in eastern France in 1987. He has published three graphic novels: Canis Majoris, a personal account on the trials and tribulations of suicide; Ni Dieu Ni Maitre (No God No Master); and the very well-received Vaincus Mais Vivants (Conquered but Alive), published by Lombard Editions. This is his first graphic novel to be translated into English. He currently lives and works in Lyon. Sandra Smith is the translator of all twelve novels by Irene Nemirovsky; a new translation of Camus' L'Etranger (The Outsider, Penguin UK); and The Necklace and Other Stories: Maupassant for Modern Times (Liveright). Her translation of Nemirovsky's Suite Francaise won the French-American Foundation and Florence Gould Foundation Translation Prize for Fiction, as well as the PEN Book-of-the-Month Club Translation Prize. After ten years as a Fellow of Robinson College, Cambridge, Smith now lives in New York.
- Author(s)Loic Locatelli-Kournwsky,Sandra Smith
- PublisherPegasus Books
- Date of Publication06/09/2016
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Non-fiction & Literary
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPegasus Books
- Content NoteIllustrated in full color
- Weight800 g
- Width224 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.