All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionWe've all heard the word antioxidants and we all have some vague idea of what they are and what they do. Now, with Pocket Antioxidants, medical-level kwledge of this topic is available to a general audience. Prestigious researcher Dr. Amitava Dasgupta takes the latest antioxidant research from peer-reviewed medical journals and makes it accessible to anyone in this handy little book. Dasgupta explains what oxidative stress really means, the danger of free radicals, and the benefits of antioxidants. He explains that the best way to combat free radicals is by eating antioxidant-rich foods and supplements. Readers will learn which foods are highest in which antioxidants. Readers also learn that antioxidants sometimes come from surprising sources, such as coffee or alcohol. With the tips in this book, readers can avoid the risks of following the false information and pseudoscience found on various web sites, and become empowered to pick their favorite fruits, vegetables, and herbal supplements - with the goal of living a healthier life!
- Author BiographyAmitava Dasgupta is Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the University of Texas-Houston Medical School. He holds a Master's Degree in analytic chemistry from the University of Georgia and a PhD in organic chemistry from Stanford University. He is widely published in his field and lives in Houston, Texas.
- Author(s)Amitava DasGupta
- PublisherHunter House Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication19/03/2013
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationAlameda, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1899
- ImprintHunter House Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteTables throughout
- Weight114 g
- Width114 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.