All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPraise for the First Edition:The authors take a comprehensive approach to treatment by including acupuncture, herbs and diet; the photos are good; and the cases are interesting. - The Lantern: A Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine In this fully up-to-date Second Edition, experts in Chinese medicine explain how traditional Chinese tongue diagsis can be used in daily practice to complement conventional Western methods. The guide begins with a brief introduction to the history, anatomy, physiology, and methodology of tongue diagsis followed by basic techniques and systematic procedures for identifying the manifold individual characteristics of the tongue's shape and its many modifications. Full-color photographs of tongues then demonstrate a variety of clinical scenarios to help readers develop a holistic approach to diagsis. Features * An in-depth review of the tongue's most important anatomic and physiologic features, including the lingual papillae, the tongue muscles, arterial supply, and much more * More than 180 full-color illustrations and high-quality clinical photographs of Western tongues enhance the text * Treatment suggestions for using acupuncture, herbs, and nutrition accompany each clinical image * Medical assessment of 28 case histories with real-life photographs from the authors' practice The Second Edition of Pocket Atlas of Tongue Diagsis is an essential resource for every practitioner or student of Chinese medicine, acupuncture, or complementary medicine.
- Author BiographyNaturopath, Berlin, Germany
- Author(s)Beate Schnorrenberger,Claus C. Schnorrenberger
- PublisherThieme Publishing Group
- Date of Publication27/01/2011
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationStuttgart
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintThieme Publishing Group
- Content Note189 illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width127 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- bowyerv01 Jul, 2016by
Great little book
I'm a naturopath. This is a (reference) book that will be very useful for me. Pics are great. It is obviously designed with therapist in mind.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.