All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis extensive glossary contains over 1500 research and statistical terms, written in jargon-free, easy-to-understand termilogy to help students understand difficult concepts in their research courses. This pocket guide is in an ideal supplement to the many discipline-specific texts on research methods and statistics.
- Author BiographyMichael J. Holosko, Ph.D., M.S.W., holds an endowed chair as the Pauline M. Berger Professor of Family and Child Welfare at The University of Georgia, School of Social Work. He is also currently a Visiting Professor at City University of Hong Kong. He has taught across the undergraduate and graduate curriculum in schools of: social work (primarily), nursing, medicine, public administration, and applied social science in Canada, the United States, Hong Kong, Sweden, Australia, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. For the past 38 years, he has been a consultant to a variety of large and small health and human service organizations and industry in the areas of: program evaluation, outcomes, accreditation, organizational development, communication, leadership, visioning, organizational alignment, and stress management. He has published numerous monographs, chapters, articles, and texts in the areas of: evaluation, health care, social work practice, curricula, administration, technology, gerontology, leadership, family and child welfare, social policy, research, music intervention, and spirituality. His recent text published in 2015 was Wodarski, J., Holosko, M., & Felt, M. D. (2015). Evidence-Informed Assessment and Practice in Child Welfare, Springer Publications; and in 2016 was Dunlop, J.M.., & Holosko, M. Increasing Service User Participation in Local Planning: A How-To Manual for Practitioners. He serves on the editorial boards of: Research on Social Work Practice; Child and Adolescent Social Work Journal; Social Work in Public Health; Journal of Human Behavior and Social Environment; the Hong Kong Journal of Social Work; Journal of Social Service Research and the Journal of Evidence- Based Social Work Practice. For a number of years, he has had both radio and television shows advocating for social justice in North America. Bruce Thyer is currently a Professor and former Dean with the College of Social Work at Florida State University. Dr. Thyer spent the years 1987 - 2002 with the University of Georgia, where he earned the rank of Distinguished Research Professor. He is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and a Board Certified Behavior Analyst. In 2012 he was elected to the Social Work Academy of the National Academies of Practice. Dr. Thyer is the founder and current editor of one of social work's premier journals, RESEARCH ON SOCIAL WORK PRACTICE, and is the author of over 250 articles, 80 chapters and he had authored or edited over 25 professional books. His research interests involve the promotion of evidence-based practice, evaluation research, applied behavior analysis, and social work theory.
- Author(s)Alicia Lankton,Bruce A. Thyer,Michael J. Holosko
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication02/08/2011
- SubjectStudy Skills & General Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight122 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.