All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInsects have a greater impact on human lives and livelihoods than any other group of organisms. This guide will help you to identify insects that are frequently encountered, very striking or ecologically important in the region. Compact and easy-to-use, it features more than 400 of the interesting and diverse insect groups found in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi. Full-colour photographs of all featured species are accompanied by concise text giving key identification features for each group.
- Author BiographyDr Dino J. Martins, an entomologist and evolutionary biologist, is widely known as East Africa's 'Dudu man'. (Dudu is the Swahili word for insect.) Dr Martins holds a PhD in organismic and evolutionary biology from Harvard University. A prolific writer, he has published numerous articles in scientific, natural history, and environmental publications. He is currently Chair of the Insect committee of nature Kenya, and The east Africa natural history society, where he passionately promotes interest in the study and conservation of insects.
- Author(s)Charles Griffiths,Dino J. Martins,Mike Picker
- PublisherStruik Publishers (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitlePocket Guides
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintStruik Publishers
- Content Note400 Photographs
- Weight210 g
- Width105 mm
- Height180 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.