All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSouthern Africa boasts a rich variety of tree species, both indigeus and exotic. Pocket guide trees of Southern Africa is an authoritative introduction to the region's trees, describing and illustrating 132 species. This publication has its origins in Van Wyk's A photographic guide to trees of Southern Africa and has been fully revised and updated by well-kwn authority Braam van Wyk. Each species account highlights the key identification features, and also touches on the medicinal and commercial uses of the trees. This compact, easy-to-use guide makes an ideal travelling companion and will help readers to become more kwledgeable about trees.
- Author BiographyPiet van Wyk (1931-2006) worked as a biologist with the Kruger National Park's research team until his retirement in 1991. Among his published works are How to Identify Trees in Southern Africa (Struik, 2007) and Field Guide to Trees of Southern Africa (Struik, 2nd ed, 2013). Text revised by Braam van Wyk, Professor of Botany at Potchefstroom University for Christian Higher Education. Braam is an authority on the classification of southern African trees and has published extensively on the botany of the region.
- Author(s)Braam van Wyk,Piet van Wyk
- PublisherStruik Publishers (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectNatural History: Plants
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintStruik Nature
- Content Note450
- Weight200 g
- Width105 mm
- Height180 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.