All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>An elegantly packaged pocket-size guide to weathering life's storms </b> As founder and guilding teacher of the Community Meditation Center in New York, Allan Lokos has an arsenal of tools for coping with stressful situations. <b> Rachel Lee Harris, <i>New York Times</i></b> We live in a turbulent world in which we are often forced to respond on a dime to challenging or even life-altering situations. To react wisely in difficult moments one needs to be quick on one's feet, but also quick of mind. In <b>Pocket Peace</b>, interfaith minister and Buddhist practitioner Reverend Allan Lokos provides readers with concise yet incisive daily pocket practices that will enable them to act in accordance with their truest and best selves. If you want to run a marathon, you must train slowly and purposefully for months. Likewise, if you want to be your best self and learn to confront whatever comes your way with kindness, compassion, and generosity, you need to . . . practice. This elegantly packaged little book is full of wisdom and teachings the reader can literally pull from their pocket each day. A small yet powerful spiritual companion that intertwines personal anecdotes and age-old wisdom with practical guidance, <b>Pocket Peace</b> sets readers on the path to inner peace and lasting happiness.
- Author Biography<b>Allan Lokos </b>is the founder and guiding teacher of the Community Meditation Center in New York City. A former professional singer who was in the original Broadway company of <i>Oliver!</i> among others, Lokos has published numerous articles and been a contributor to <i>Tricycle</i> magazine. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Allan Lokos
- Date of Publication18/02/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight163 g
- Width126 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $43.72Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $48.94
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.