All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe U.S. Children's Poet Laureate and an award-winning children's poet join their prolific forces in this picture book of poems about cars. But they're t just any cars: there's the Sloppy-Floppy-Nonstop-Jalopy ( So unique there is copy ); the Bathtub Limosine ( With hot water heating / And porcelain seating ); and the High Heel Car. Each of the thirteen quirky, inventive poems will speak directly to the imaginations of children, as will Holmes's high-concept, detail-filled illustrations.
- Author BiographyJ. PATRICK LEWIS, the U.S. Children's Poet Laureate, is one of the best known children's poets writing today, and the author of many celebrated picture books. His books include Doodle Dandies, Please Bury Me in the Library, and First Dog, as well as two previous S&W titles Kindergarten Cat and The Fantastic 5&10cents Store. DOUGLAS FLORIAN is the creator of many acclaimed picture books, including Dinothesaurus, the recipient of four starred reviews; Comet, Stars, the Moon and Mars, a Kirkus Reviews Best Book and a Horn Book Fanfare; and Bow Wow Meow Meow, a Gryphon Award winner. JEREMY HOLMES's first book for children, There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly, received the Bologna Ragazzi Opera Prima Award. He also created the jacket image for On the Day I Died by Candace Fleming.
- Author(s)Douglas Florian,J Patrick Lewis
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRandom House USA Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width277 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jeremy Holmes
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.57
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $81.11
- AU $59.68Trending at AU $66.58
- AU $9.23Trending at AU $10.19
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.78
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $10.95Trending at AU $14.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.