Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionSensual, salacious and above all scandalous, the erotic verse of the Roman poet Catullus has delighted - and shocked - readers for centuries. Charting the lives and loves of a group of smart young men about Rome during the late Republic, Catullus' urbane poetry is rewned for its emotional range and psychological insight, t to mention its often startling obscenity. Josephine Balmer's new translation of the complete shorter poems highlights both the intense lyricism and scabrous wit of the original, bringing Catullus' vivid cast of characters back to life for a new audience.
- Author BiographyJosephine Balmer studied Classics and Ancient History at University College London, and has worked as a continuing education lecturer in Classics and ComparativeLitrature. She is a freelance writer and translator. As well as Chasing Catullus translation, she has published Sappho: poems &Fragments and the anthology Classical women poets with bloodaxe. She lives in Crowborough in East Sussex and in Cornwall.
- Author(s)Gaius Valerius Catullus
- PublisherBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/02/2004
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationTyne and Wear
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Weight254 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Translated byJosephine Balmer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.