All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionPoets have always drawn inspiration from the wild fancies of dream life. We spend a third of our lives asleep, and throughout history our cturnal visions have engaged the interpretive talents of our greatest writers. <p/>This treasury of poets-Sidney, Donne, Blake, Keats, Wordsworth, Whitman, Rilke, Plath, Graves, Roethke, Bishop, Moore, Updike, and many more-encompasses lullabies, invocations, aubades, songs, epigrams, and stories, in every conceivable mood from the broadly comic to the tragic. It includes poems about daydreams and nightmares, about falling asleep and about waking up, about insomnia, night thoughts, monsters of the dark, twilight, dawn, and the rebirth of morning. From Auden's Lullaby to Rossetti's Nuptial Sleep, from Salvatore Quasimodo's Insomnia to Thom Gunn's Annihilation of Nothing, Poems of Sleep and Dreams evokes the whole haunting, magical spectrum of sleep and dream.
- Author BiographyPeter Washington is the editor of many of the Everyman's Library Pocket Poets, including Love Poems, and is the author of Madame Blavatsky's Baboon: A History of the Mystics, Mediums, and Misfits Who Brought Spiritualism to America.
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleEveryman's Library Pocket Poets
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRandom House USA Inc
- Weight231 g
- Width112 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byPeter Washington
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.