All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new anthology of poems, favourites from the nation's longest-running and best-loved request programme for verse, moves with the seasons, following the turning year from John Clare's 'pale splendour of the winter sun' to John Keats's 'Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness', by way of Larkin's 'young-leafed June' and Gerard Manley Hopkins' 'glassy peartree leaves and blooms' when 'Nothing is so beautiful as Spring'. As the year changes, so we change with it. Since time out of mind our daily lives have been shaped and directed by the seasons, and it is here that we find poems about harvest and hardship, growth and new life, the warmth of the life-giving sun, Christmas and the closing of the year. Poetry Please: Seasonal Poems is a vital and generous gathering to treasure.
- Author BiographyBBC Radio 4's Poetry Please is the longest-running broadcast of verse anywhere in the world. First aired in 1979, the programme, a request show which broadcasts to one million listeners a week, has become a unique record of the country's best-loved poems over the decades since its inception.
- Author(s)Various Poets
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication05/11/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitlePoetry Please
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight212 g
- Width137 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementMain
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.