All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe culture of Japanese poetry, waka, is richly visual. In Poetry as Image Tomoko Sakomura examines the ways the visual culture of waka in sixteenth-century Japan engages with practice and protocol developed over the course of the previous six centuries, and what these engagements reveal about the role of the past in cultural productions of the present.
- Author BiographyDr Tomoko Sakomura is Associate Professor of Art History, Swarthmore College. She is a specialist in Japanese art history whose work examines the relationship between word and image in the visual culture of late medieval Japan.
- Author(s)Tomoko Sakomura
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleJapanese Visual Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight1077 g
- Width234 mm
- Height269 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.