Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.31
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.49
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.25
- AU $25.82Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionA book designed specifically for young adults studying PSHE, but with the needs of the teacher very much in mind. Poetry for PSHE, or Personal, Social, Health and Ecomic education, is a collection of poems for school children of secondary school age. It is an anthology of poems covering subjects such as friendship, families, bullying and social media. The poems deal with the subjects in a way that makes pupils keen to read the next one, exposing them to common issues they may face, whilst also allowing them to learn solutions and ways to cope should they find themselves involved with the issues discussed. The subjects covered in Poetry for PSHE are either rarely covered within a school curriculum or are spread between a number of disciplines, subjects and teachers. The Department for Education has said that PSHE is an important and necessary part of all pupils' education, underlining this anthology's relevance and importance. These poems - as well as the lessons built around them - will live with pupils long after the lesson has ended.
- Author BiographyJay Clarke lives in Stamford, though she has lived most of her life in London and Liverpool. She is a Professional Mediator and a member of the Professional Mediators' Association. Jay has had supply teaching roles at schools from the most challenging - teaching children with special needs and those that have been excluded due to malicious behaviour - to the most outstanding schools, high on the UK league table. As well as being a poet who is on a mission to get young adults to read poetry, Jay has learned what makes pupils listen, engage and participate. She spent 30 years working in business, writing poetry and teaching adult literacy. She started up her own consultancy business whilst taking up supply teaching roles, where she found herself very successful in engaging children with poetry.
- Author(s)Jay Clarke
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication21/01/2016
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width1560 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.