Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionPoetry for Pleasure is an anthology representative of the great wealth of English poetry written between the sixteenth century and the present day. The book is arranged in fifteen sections, each devoted to a different theme. The first two of these comprise verse written mainly for, or about, the young or the very young. Subsequent sections deal with such varied subjects as country pleasures, love and friendship, music and dancing, the sea, time, age, sleep, and death. In fact they cover almost the whole range of human experience. Inevitably, a number of poems will be familiar to most readers, but some will be new to many.
- Author BiographyJohn Stanton Ward (1917 - 2007) was an English portrait artist, landscape painter and illustrator.
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication30/07/2008
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight600 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byIan M. Parsons
- Illustrator(s)John Stanton Ward
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.