All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInventory time in a pub (or rather poeub) somewhere in the world. Life is about to change for Mr Globul. He will go on to fight the inspectors, prompt a revolution, lead the country, lapse into a deep sleep, hide in a crowd of refugees, dress as a barrel and live as a travelling puppeteer...Globul could be the heir apparent to Ubu and Gargantua. Poeub is a modern epic comedy where Serge Valetti plays with language, characters, cliches, time and space and leads us through an imaginary world as pitiless, brutal and absurd as our own.
- Author BiographySerge Valletti is a writer, actor and director. His plays include St Elvis, Papa, Domaine Ventre, Si vous etes des hommes!, Reception, Poeub, and Monsiuer Armand dit Garrincha. Hull-born Richard Bean is one of the Britain's most exciting and prolific playwrights. Between 1989 and 1994 he worked as a stand-up comedian and went on to be one of the writers and performers of the sketch show Control Group Six (BBC Radio), which was nominated for a Writers Guild Award. His first full length play, Of Rats and Men was staged at the Canal Cafe and went on to Edinburgh. He adapted it for radio for the BBC and it was nominated for a Sony Award. His breakthrough play Toast found critical acclaim at the Royal Court Theatre in 1999. He has won the George Devine Award 2002 for Under the Whaleback, the 2004 Pearson Play of the Year Award for Honeymoon Suite and the Critics' Circle Award for Best New Play 2005 for Harvest. Oberon Books publishes his Plays One, Plays Two, Plays Three, England People Very Nice, London Assurance, The English Game, In the Club, The Big Fellah, The Heretic and his stage version of David Mamet's House of Games. He has also translated and adapted Moliere's The Misanthrope, published as The Hypochondriac, and Le Pub! by Serge Valleti. His new play One Man, Two Guvnors, based on The Servant of Two Masters by Carlo Goldoni, premiered at The National Theatre in May 2011, to a string of five star reviews, before transferring to the West End, then Broadway, after which it will return to the West End, later in 2012. One Man, Two Guvnors has also recently won the Critic's Circle and Evening Standard awards for Best New Play.
- Author(s)Serge Valetti
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2002
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleOberon Modern Plays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAbsolute Classics
- Weight159 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Translated byRichard Bean
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.