All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>The amazing story of one of the greatest math problems of all time and the reclusive genius who solved it</b> In the tradition of<i>Fermat s Enigma</i>and<i>Prime Obsession</i>, George Szpiro brings to life the giants of mathematics who struggled to prove a theorem for a century and the mysterious man from St. Petersburg, Grigory Perelman, who fi nally accomplished the impossible. In 1904 Henri Poincare developed the Poincare Conjecture, an attempt to understand higher-dimensional space and possibly the shape of the universe. The problem was he couldn t prove it. A century later it was named a Millennium Prize problem, one of the seven hardest problems we can imagine. Now this holy grail of mathematics has been found. Accessibly interweaving history and math, Szpiro captures the passion, frustration, and excitement of the hunt, and provides a fascinating portrait of a contemporary ble-genius.
- Author(s)George G Szpiro
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication04/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationIndia
- Weight340 g
- Width135 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.