All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionCrystal defects can longer be thought of as a scientific curiosity, but must be considered an important aspect of solid-state science. This is largely because many of the more interesting properties of crystalline solids are disproportionately dominated by effects due to a tiny concentration of imperfections in an otherwise perfect lattice. The physics of such lattice defects is t only of significance in a great variety of applications, but is also interesting in its own right. Thus, an extensive science of point defects and dislocations has been constructed during the past two and a half decades. Stimulated by the techlogical and scientific interest in plasticity, there have appeared in recent years rather a large number of books dealing with dislocations; in the case of point defects, however, only very few broad and extensive treatments have been published. Thus, there are few compre- hensive, tutorial sources for the scientist or engineer whose research ac- tivities are affected by point defect phemena, or who might wish to enter the field. It is partially to fill this need that the present treatise aims.
- Author(s)James H. Crawford,Lawrence M. Slifkin
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/01/2013
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note50 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight833 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1972
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.