All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.65Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionThe polar regions (the Arctic and Antarctic) have enjoyed widespread public attention in recent years, as issues of conservation, sustainability, resource speculation and geopolitical maeuvring have all garnered considerable international media interest. This critical collection of new and original papers - the first of its kind - offers a comprehensive exploration of these and other topics, consolidating the emergent field of polar geopolitics. The expert international contributors to this volume offer a range of insightful comparative, interdisciplinary and global perspectives on polar issues. Key topics discussed include resource extraction, regime formation, kwledge construction, border issues, governance and treaties, and indigeus livelihoods. Contributions from scholars of history, geography, political science, anthropology and international law make this a truly comprehensive take on the current state and future prospects of both the polar regions and polar geopolitics as a distinct discipline. Students and professors of geopolitics, political science and geography - especially those with an interest in the polar regions - will find much of value in this book's concrete expression of a new and fascinating field.
- Author BiographyEdited by Richard C. Powell, University Lecturer in Human Geography, Oxford University, UK and Klaus Dodds, Professor of Geopolitics, Royal Holloway, University of London, UK
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2013
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Edited byKlaus Dodds,Richard C. Powell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.