All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionQuod si tam celebris est apud omnes gloria Adamantis, atque varia ista opum gaudia, gemmae unionesque, ad ostentationem tantum placent, ut digitis colloque circumferantur; n miri a?ciendos speraverimgaudio eos, quibus curiositatis conscientia quam deliciarum est potior, vitate corporis alicujus, instar crystalli translucidi, quod ex Islandia nuper ad s perlatum est; cujus tam mira est constitutio, ut haud sciam, num alias magis naturae apparuerit gratia. Erasmus Bartholinus, Experimenta crystalli islandici disdiaclastici Apart from a few objects of our immediate neighborhood (the solar system), all the information on the physical phemena taking place in the Universe comes from the radiation that the astromical objects send into space and that is ?nally collected on earth by telescopes or other instruments. Among the di?erent kinds of radiation, electromagnetic waves have by far played the most important role in the history of Astromy - probably, it is t unrealistic to say that more than 99% of our present kwledge of the Universe derives from the analysis of the electromagnetic radiation. Such radiation contains three di?erent kinds of information, encoded into as many physical characteristics typical of any oscillatory propagation phemen: the propagation direction, the frequency and amplitude of the oscillation, and the oscillation direction - or polarization.
- Author(s)E. Landi Degl'Innocenti,Marco Landolfi
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/08/2004
- Series TitleAstrophysics and Space Science Library
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 307
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1447 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.