All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEverybody kws that penguins belong at the South Pole and polar bears live at the North Pole - but what would happen if, one day, a family of picnicking penguins accidentally got lost? When the hapless Pilchard-Brown family find themselves at completely the wrong pole, they need Mr White, the friendly polar bear, to guide them all the way home...
- Author BiographyJeanne Willis (Author) Jeanne Willis wrote her first book when she was five - a slim volume about cats written in pencil and stitched together with a painfully blunt needle so that it looked like a 'real' book. After that, there was no turning back. Having been fired from her Saturday job - selling cowboy boots on the Kings Road - for chewing gum, and after a brief career as a reptile vet's assistant, she worked as a copywriter and had her first picture book published at the age of 21 (which she wrote whilst pretending to be busy creating adverts for cognac). She has since written over 300 books and has won several awards, which are arranged in the attic where she works, along with her collection of caterpillars, pink-toed tarantula skins and live locusts. Jeanne has a keen interest in Natural History and has lost count of the number of species featured in her books, including everything from slugs to sloths. She is currently into corvids - especially Nosy Crows. Jarvis (Illustrator) Jarvis is the illustrator of Poles Apart and I'm In Charge. He did lots of different jobs before creating his first children's book, including a bingo caller, a bouncy castle painter, a record sleeve designer and an animation director. He's always doodled characters, and thinks that everything he's done in the past has helped make him a better children's picture book illustrator and writer...maybe not the bingo calling... Jarvis wants the books he creates to be very personal, and particularly loves the nature of children's books, what they can do and how they can be kept and loved as little treasures.
- Author(s)Jeanne Willis
- PublisherNosy Crow Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNosy Crow Ltd
- Weight506 g
- Width231 mm
- Height293 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Peter Jarvis
- Format DetailsPicture book
- Interest AgeFrom 3
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $13.17
- AU $9.84Trending at AU $12.93
- AU $11.69Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $9.50Trending at AU $11.73
- AU $8.84Trending at AU $11.28
- AU $4.99Trending at AU $8.52
- AU $18.74Trending at AU $19.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.