Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionPolice Ethics is a practical introduction to ethical issues affecting police officers of all ranks...The authors explore the stark, sometimes shocking reality of real-life policing situations, using them as the basis for detailed analysis of key ethical issues. These situations are drawn from Australia, USA, the UK, Asia and South Africa and range from everyday policing incidents to public events which attracted widespread media attention...Fully updated with revised case studies, this second edition offers discussion and analysis of current ethical issues including zero tolerance policing, community-based policing, private policing, police and central, state or local government, the internationalisation of policing, specialist roles such as peacekeeping and civil rights in relation to terrorism laws...Police Ethics is essential reading for all police officers, recruits, students and anyone interested in police work.
- Author BiographySeumas Miller is Professor of Philosophy at Charles Sturt University and the Australian National University and Director of the Centre for Applied Philosophy and Public Ethics (an Australian Research Council-funded Special Research Centre). John Blackler is a police consultant and a Research Associate of the Centre for Applied Philosophy and Public Ethics. Andrew Alexandra is Senior Research Fellow in the Centre for Applied Philosophy and Public Ethics, Melbourne University.
- Author(s)Andrew Alexandra,John Blackler,Seumas Miller
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/04/2006
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Out-of-print date27/02/2017
- Weight490 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.