All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
About this product
- DescriptionInternational development is characterized by a concern for praxis, the union of theory and practice. But bridging research and policy is harder than it looks. This book focuses on two key questions: What factors affect the influence research has on policy and practice in international development? How can we bridge research and policy more effectively for poverty reduction? Together these papers add new perspectives and a host of lessons on the science and the art of bridging research and policy. In particular, they highlight four key lessons: the need for research dors to foster research capacity and to protect it from political interference; the need for researchers to use detailed analysis within and across national boundaries in order to inform high-level policy debates; the importance of presenting research results in such a way that they cant be over-simplified; and the value of creating alliances between researchers and civil society groups.This is a vital book for researchers and analysts in international development and is also important for policymakers and practitioners.
- Author BiographyJulius Court is a Research Fellow at the Overseas Development Institute and on the Council of the Development Studies Association of the UK and Ireland. Simon Maxwell was Director of the Overseas Development Institute (ODI) in London between 1997-2009. He previously worked overseas for ten years, in Kenya, India and Bolivia; and from 1981-1997 was a Fellow at the Institute of Development Studies, University of Sussex, latterly as Programme Manager for Poverty, Food Security and the Environment.
- PublisherPractical Action Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationRugby
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPractical Action Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byJulius Court,Simon Maxwell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.