All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
About this product
- DescriptionThis new book presents a clear conceptual framework for understanding the transfer of policy ideas between EU states, together with an empirical study of regulatory change within European utilities. Policy transfer is a new instrument for understanding EU policy-making. This volume shows how the nature of institutions, interdependence between trans-national and national jurisdictions and social systems, relate policy actors across geographical boundaries, identifying four basic types of EU policy transfer and learning: *'uploading'- how member states compete to shape the EU agenda in line with their own institutional arrangements and policy preferences *'downloading'- how states adapt to changing EU incentives and constraints *'socialization' - how EU policy rms are internalized in the belief systems of domestic actors *'information exchange' between national actors in the course of EU interactions leading to a horizontal diffusion of policy ideas. The authors use an institutionalist perspective to show how these forms of policy transfer operate across the diverse systems of governance found across the EU. Policy Transfer in European Union Governance will be of great interest to students and scholars of European Union politics and policy, comparative public policy and political ecomy.
- Author BiographySimon Bulmer is Jean Monnet Professor of European Politics at the University of Manchester, UK. David Dolowitz is a Reader in the School of Politics at the University of Liverpool, UK. Peter Humphreys is Professor of Politics at the University of Manchester, UK. Stephen Padgett is Professor of Politics at the University of Strathclyde, UK.
- Author(s)David Dolowitz,Peter Humphreys,Simon Bulmer,Stephen Padgett
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/03/2006
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in European Politics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 44
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white tables, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.