All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $40.19Trending at AU $43.08
About this product
- DescriptionLanguage policy issues are imbued with a powerful symbolism that is often linked to questions of identity, with the suppression or failure to recognise and support a given endangered variety representing a refusal to grant a 'voice' to the corresponding eth-cultural community. This wide-ranging volume, which explores linguistic scenarios from across five continents, seeks to ignite the debate as to how and whether the interface between people, politics and language can affect the fortunes of endangered varieties. With chapters written by academics working in the field of language endangerment and members of indigeus communities on the frontline of language support and maintenance, Policy and Planning for Endangered Languages is essential reading for researchers and students of language death, sociolinguistics and applied linguistics, as well as community members involved in native language maintenance.
- Author BiographyDr Mari C. Jones is Reader in French Linguistics and Language Change at the University of Cambridge and Fellow of Peterhouse College. She has published extensively on language endangerment in relation to Norman, Welsh and Breton and lectures internationally on language revitalisation. She is Fellow of the International Centre for Language Revitalisation (Auckland), Visiting Fellow at the University of Canterbury (Christchurch, New Zealand) and Visiting Professor at the University of Bamberg.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/07/2015
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note23 b/w illus. 8 maps 9 tables
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMari C. Jones
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.