All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe book, a study of policymaking for conservation in Latin America, employs comparative analysis to explain the policy process in three countries-Argentina, Chile, and Costa Rica. Case studies and examples of important policy decisions made in the three countries are employed to help illuminate variations in the policy process from country to country. The analysis is set against the constant conflict between demands for ecomic development and conservation. Hopkins has selected important examples of policy problems in the areas of conservation, national parks, and environmental protection in the three countries and set these against the political system in each country for comparison. The cases range from the controversial issue of Lago Chungara in Chile to Corcovado National Park in Costa Rica to the Yacyreta hydroelectric project in Argentina. The study aims at beginning to fill an important gap in the literature on national parks, conservation, and environmental protection in Latin America. As such, the volume will be of interest to students of contemporary Latin America, policymaking, and environmental studies.
- Author BiographyJACK W. HOPKINS serves as the director of the Indiana Center on Global Change and World Peace. A Professor in the School of Public and Environmental Affairs at Indiana University, he is a long-time student of Latin America and the author or editor of seven books on the region.
- Author(s)Jack W. Hopkins
- Date of Publication20/10/1995
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight510 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.