Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionFrom an Eastern nation on the global periphery to a European neoliberal democracy enmeshed in transnational networks, Poland has experienced a dramatic transformation in the last century. <i>Polish Media Art in an Expanded Field</i> uses the lens--and mirror--of media art to think through the politics of a postsocialist New Europe, where artists are negotiating the tension between global cosmopolitanism and national self-enfranchisement. Situating Polish media art practices in the context of Poland's aesthetic traditions and political history, Aleksandra Kaminska provides an important contribution to site-specific histories of media art. <i>Polish Media Art</i> demonstrates how artists are using and reflecting upon techlogy as a way of entering into larger civic conversations around the politics of identity, place, citizenship, memory, and heritage. Building on close readings of artworks that serve as case studies, as well as interviews with leading artists, scholars, and curators, this is the first full-length study of Polish media art.
- Author Biography<b>Aleksandra Kaminska</b> is a postdoctoral fellow at Simon Fraser University and a research associate at Sensorium, Centre for Digital Arts and Technology, York University, Canada.
- Author(s)Aleksandra Kaminska
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication15/02/2016
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Weight540 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.