All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $37.05Trending at AU $39.70
About this product
- DescriptionPolitics: a static network of structural and functional mod els? Is it a given set of rules, statuses, and procedures? Or a dynamic process, a continuum related to the past as well as to the present and continually infl uenced by pressures within and outside of a society? Taking the latter view of the nature of political behavior, the editors of Political Anthropology here present an original compilation of papers that thoroughly assess contemporary maintenance of political power.
- Author BiographyMarc J. Swartz has been professor of anthropology at the University of California, San Diego since 1969. He recently retired in 2005. His interests included various branches of anthropology such as social, political, and psychological. In the past he has done fieldwork in Micronesia, Tanzania, and Kenya. Victor W. Turner (1920-1983) received his Ph.D. at Manchester University where he became a Senior Fellow and Lecturer. After leaving Manchester he moved to Stanford University, where he became a fellow at the Center for Advanced Behavior Sciences. In 1964 he traveled to Cornell University where he stayed for four years before moving onto the University of Chicago. There he was Professor of Social Thought and Anthropology.
- PublisherTransaction Publishers
- Date of Publication15/08/2006
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight478 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byArthur Tuden,Marc J. Swartz,Victor Turner
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.