All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionAt the latest since 9/11 the phemen of the «asymmetry or, more common, the «asymmetric warfare has become a subject within International Relations. So, highly unequal parties face each other in asymmetric warfare, with one of them trying to inflict major damage on the other by making only a mir effort. Since the time when interstate wars started to disappear, the traditional ideas of wars have become useless and obsolete as a basis for political decision-making. For several years policy-makers, officials, and writers on defence and foreign policy have employed the terms «asymmetric or «asymmetry to characterize everything from the nature of the threats we face to the nature of war and beyond. Labelling current and future threats as «asymmetric diminishes our understanding of the threat environment. In the age of globalization, of new threats, new and even revolutionary techlogies, and new forms of military operations, the requirement for clear thinking increases commensurately. Authors from four continents will follow this new way of thinking.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Josef Schrofl, Colonel of the Austrian Armed Forces; Political Scientist; Fullbright Graduated University of Delaware (2005); present Posting at the Austrian MOD, Departement for Military Strategy; lectures and writes on Asymmetries, Asymmetric Warfare and Strategic Cultures.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/09/2007
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Note4 fig., 3 tables, 1 graph
- Weight280 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byJosef Schroefl
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.