Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $95.49
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.36
About this product
- DescriptionHow might China become a democracy? And what lessons, if any, might Taiwan's experience of democratization hold for China's future? The authors of this volume consider these questions, both through comparisons of Taiwan's historical experience with the current period of ecomic and social change in the PRC, and through more focused analysis of China's current, and possible future, politics.This volume explores current, and possible future, political change in China in the context of Taiwan's experience of democratization.
- Author BiographyBruce Gilley is assistant professor of political studies at Queen's University in Canada. His numerous publications include China's Democratic Future, Model Rebels: The Rise and Fall of China's Richest Village, and Tiger on the Brink: Jiang Zemin and China's New Elite. Larry Diamond is senior fellow at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University, and founding coeditor of the Journal of Democracy. Most recent of his many works on democracy and democratization are Developing Democracy: Toward Consolidation and Promoting Democracy in the 1990s.
- PublisherLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication15/11/2009
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Edited byBruce Gilley,Larry Diamond
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.