All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.32Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $25.07
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough the control or regulation of political conflict is a constant concern of governments and a source of substantial speculation, empirical investigation of systems of regulation is a relatively recent enterprise. How destabilizing events such as separatism, trans-national disputes and decolonization are translated into political conflict through ecomic, political, and social systems is explored in this in-depth study of eight nations in southern Europe for the period 1946 to 1986. This book is especially relevant in light of the recent conflicts that have exploded into civil war in Yugoslavia. It will be of great interest to political scientists, ecomists, social scientists, and others studying the conflicts within southern Europe.
- Author BiographyEDUARD A. ZIEGENHAGEN is a Professor of Political Science at the University Center, State University of New York at Binghamton, a Research Associate at the Center for Education and Social Research and a Fellow of the Center for Leadership Studies. He served as a consultant to the President's Commission on the Causes and Prevention of Violence and as a member of research teams investigating civil strife in American cities. Dr. Ziegenhagen is the author of The Regulation of Political Conflict (Praeger, 1986) and contributes to professional journals on the topic of conflict behavior and change in political systems. KLEOMENIS S. KOUTSOUKIS is an Assistant Professor at the Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences, a researcher at the Foundation for Mediterranean Studies and a practicing attorney in Athens, Greece. He is the author of The Political and Socioeconomic Development of Greece: 1919-1981. Dr. Koutsoukis also is a frequent contributor to professional journals in Europe and America on issues involving political change and modernization, political leadership, and the military in politics.
- Author(s)Eduard A. Ziegenhagen,Kleomenis S. Koutsoukis
- Date of Publication28/02/1992
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight415 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Foreword byHal Nieburg
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.