All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionThe global financial crisis has uncovered disastrous gaps in the governance of capitalism. This timely book argues for encompassing and intelligent forms of political governance of capitalism to mitigate against the possibility of future global systemic risk. This path-breaking book highlights that systemic risks emerge from a globally operating financial industry that is t only disconnected from the real ecomy but also allowed to hide in 'shadow banking' practices. Governance based on national regimes fails to cover 'finance-led' global capitalism. The authors argue that the risk of systemic meltdown will reappear unless intelligent governance regimes are installed, combining legally binding rules and civil society pressures to restore the balance between risk-taking and accountability. They illustrate the goal is 'resilient' capitalism in which the rules of the game are set by politics and kwledge-based discourse. Political Governance of Capitalism will prove invaluable for graduate and post-graduate students interested in ecomy, political science, political ecomy, globalization, global governance, sociology, and financial sciences.
- Author BiographyHelmut Willke, Professor of Global Governance, Zeppelin University, Friedrichshafen, Germany and Gerhard Willke, Chair of Economics, University of Applied Sciences, Nuertingen, Germany
- Author(s)Gerhard Willke,Helmut Willke
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication31/05/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width216 mm
- Height138 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.