All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this exploration of John Calvin's political thought, Roland Boer treats Calvin as a biblical scholar and political philosopher, showing us elusive aspects of Calvin's Institutes. Boer investigates Calvin's careful thinking in the Institutes as well as in his biblical commentaries, pursuing Calvin's understanding of political freedom. Boer also explores Calvin's views on grace with the eye of a careful interpreter, and suggests what we might find in Calvin's political thought if we took the Bible, grace, and freedom as seriously as Calvin did.
- Author BiographyRoland Boer is Research Professor in Theology at the University of Newcastle in Australia. He is the author of numerous books in biblical studies and philosophy.
- Author(s)Roland Boer
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication03/07/2009
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight270 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.