All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis book investigates the Internet as a site of political contestation in the Indian context. It widens the scope of the public sphere to social media, and explores its role in shaping the resistance and protest movements on the ground. The volume also explores the role of Internet, a global techlogy, in framing debates on the idea of the nation-state, especially India, as well as diplomacy and international relations. It also discusses the possibility of whether Internet can be used as a tool for social justice and change, particularly by the underprivileged, to go beyond caste, class, gender, and other oppressive social structures. A tract for our times, this book will interest scholars and researchers of politics, media studies, popular culture, sociology, international relations as well as the general reader.
- Author BiographyBiju P. R. is Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science, Government Brennen College, Thalassery, Kerala, India. He is a writer, blogger and teacher with research interests in the Internet, politics and social change. He has written extensively on the interfaces of social media and politics in popular web journals, academic outlets and online news portals. He is a peer-reviewer for reputed journals such as the Asian Journal of Communication and contributor to South Asia Politics, and online outlets such as Merinews, India Opines and Countercurrents.org. He is the author of the books Myth of Social Media Politics (2016); Intimate Speakers (2016); Intimate Revolution: Cyber Sexuality in the Antiporn Nation (forthcoming) and is presently working on a novel.
- Author(s)Biju P R
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/11/2016
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.