Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionBelying assertions of the incompatibility of Islam and democracy, many Muslim-majority countries are w or have been democratic. Paul Kubicek draws on the experiences of those countries to explore the relationship between political manifestations of Islam and democratic politics. Kubicek's comparative analysis allows him to highlight the common features that create conditions amenable to democratic development in Muslim-majority countries-and to show how actors in Muslim democracies in fact draw on concepts within Islam to contribute to democratization.
- Author BiographyPaul Kubicek is professor of political science at Oakland University, USA. He has published extensively on issues of democratization, and he is also editor of the journal Turkish Studies.
- Author(s)Paul Kubicek
- PublisherLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationBoulder CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.