All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- Description<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN > Political parties are at the centre of Canadian democracy. They choose our prime ministers, premiers, and candidates for public office; they decide which policy issues are considered in the provincial and federal legislatures; they dominate our election campaigns. As a result, a democracy that is participatory, responsive, and inclusive can only be achieved if Canadian political parties share these values and operate in a manner respecting them. In a concise and accessible manner, this book delves into the history, structure, mechanisms, and roles of Canada's political parties, and assesses the degree to which Canadians today can rely on political parties as vehicles for grassroots participation.
- Author Biography<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN > William Cross is Edgar and Dorothy Davidson Chair in Canadian Studies and professor of political science at Mount Allison University.
- Author(s)William Cross
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2005
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Series TitleThe Canadian Democratic Audit Series
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Content Note17 tables, 16 figures
- Weight299 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.