Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionPolitical parties are essential for the functioning of parliamentary democracy but how have parties adapted to the challenges created by the growth of a new layer of political decision-making at the supranational level, i.e. the EU? This comparative survey focuses on parties in four Nordic countries, including Norway, which remains outside the EU.
- Author BiographyNICHOLAS AYLOTT is Senior Lecturer in political science at Sodertorn University, Sweden. His research interest is in comparative European politics and, especially, political parties. Among his publications in this field is a co-edited book, The Europeanization of National Political Parties: Power and Organizational Adaptation (2007). MAGNUS BLOMGREN is Lecturer in Political Science at Umea University, Sweden. His research interests relate to various aspects of democracy - European integration, parliamentarism and political parties. He has recently co-edited a book on Parliamentary Roles in Modern Legislatures (2012). Torbjorn Bergman is Professor of Political Science at Umea University, Sweden. Recent publications include co-edited books on Cabinets and Coalition Bargaining: The Democratic Life Cycle in Western Europe (2008) and The Madisonian Turn: Political Parties and Parliamentary Democracy in Nordic Europe (2011).
- Author(s)Magnus Blomgren,Nicholas Aylott,Torbjorn Bergman
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication18/02/2013
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight460 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.