All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is about political risk for multinational companies. It describes and analyses the complex, conflictual relationships between politics and international business. First, a theoretical framework is meticulously constructed. Second, a new dataset on political risk is presented and analysed. Third, a statistical investigation of the relationship between risks and the location decisions of multinationals is performed. Eye-catching examples of political risk phemena -- such as kidnappings, nationalisations and armed conflicts -- are presented and commented upon throughout the text. The comprehensive literature review, the clear organisation of the text, its broad focus and the many illustrative real-world examples make the book especially useful as a textbook for relevant courses. Other readers may draw valuable lessons from this book too, including business managers, government officials, political risk analysts and insurers and, more broadly, all students of global affairs and international business.
- Author(s)Jo Jakobsen
- PublisherTapir Academic Press
- Date of Publication02/02/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationTrondheim
- Country of PublicationNorway
- ImprintTapir Academic Press
- Weight506 g
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.