All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe salient feature of this book is its comprehensive but concise approach to the field of terrorism - particularly its causes and effects - and the application of this information to selected case studies. Political Terrorism: An Interdisciplinary Approach is easy to read and designed to answer common questions asked by undergraduate and graduate students without prior exposure to the study of terrorism. This book is accessible to practitioners (those individuals working, or aspiring to work, in the fields of criminal justice and national security) and policymakers in the counterterrorism field as well as members of the mass media covering stories on terrorism. Political Terrorism is sensitive to the global ramifications of terrorism and the responses to it. This book maintains a balance between realism and sensationalism and offers a more comprehensive understanding of the causes and effects of terrorism than do most other texts. Political Terrorism integrates scholarly analysis with current events by relying on recent media accounts and information gathered by responsible news outlets. The text features end-of-chapter questions as well as exhibit boxes that provide background details on items of interest to students and instructors.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Jeffrey Ian Ross has researched, written, and lectured on national security, political violence, political crime, violent crime, corrections, and policing for over two decades. He is the author, co-author, editor, and co-editor of several books including The Dynamics of Political Crime (2002), Controlling State Crime (2000), and Varieties of State Crime and Its Control (2000). In 1986, Dr. Ross was the lead expert witness for the Canadian Senate's Special Committee on Terrorism and Public Safety. He created the first database on terrorism in Canada, which was later acquired by the Solicitor General of Canada. From 1995 to 1998, Ross was a social science analyst with the National Institute of Justice, a division of the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Author(s)Jeffrey Ian Ross
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2006
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight420 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.