All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionThis book analyzes the rhetoric of speeches by major British or American politicians and shows how metaphor is used systematically to create political myths of monsters, villains and heroes. Metaphors are shown to interact with other figures of speech to communicate subliminal meanings by drawing on the unconscious emotional association of words.
- Author BiographyJONATHAN CHARTERIS-BLACK is Senior Lecturer in Applied Linguistics at the University of Surrey, UK. He has published extensively in the areas of figurative language, corpus linguistics, cognitive semantics and English for specific purposes. He is the author of Corpus Approaches to Critical Metaphor Analysis, published by Palgrave Macmillan in 2004.
- Author(s)Jonathan Charteris-Black
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication23/11/2004
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight325 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.