Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.63
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis work presents an alternative theoretical approach to the study of the transformation of the modern welfare state. It draws upon the undogmatic Marxism of Gramsci in order to deconstruct the Marxist tradition and develop a general theory of capitalist regulation which emphasizes the primacy of the political. In doing so, it seeks to integrate French regulation theory and British state theory within the broader framework of discourse analysis. This theoretical framework is applied in an empirical analysis of the Danish variant of the Scandinavian welfare state model.
- Author BiographyJacob Torfing is Assistant Professor at Roskilde University in Denmark.
- Author(s)Jacob Torfing
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/03/1998
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight545 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.