All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOften portrayed as an aloof philosopher, Louis Althusser's work on Niccolo Machiavelli reveals Althusser's deep commitment to political practice. Seeking to challenge the prevailing views on Althusser, Mikko Lahtinen argues that the French thinker cant be understood from a purely philosophical perspective.
- Author BiographyMikko Lahtinen: Mikko Lahtinen, Soc.Sc.D. (1997) in Political Science, University of Tampere (Finland), Ph.D. (2006) in History of Ideas, University of Oulu (Finland), is senior lecturer of Political Science at University of Tampere. He has published widely on the political theory, history of political philosophy from Antiquity to contemporary thought, Niccolo Machiavelli and Renaissance thought, Montesquieu and Enlightenment, and the Marxist theory from Marx to Gramsci and Althusser. His theoretical-methodological work focuses on the development of the 'conjunctural' theory of history and politics. His forthcoming book -The Land of Libries- (in Finnish) concerns public library as a strong democratic element in Finnish society.
- Author(s)Mikko Lahtinen
- PublisherHaymarket Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Series TitleHistorical Materialism
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 23
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaymarket Books
- Weight581 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.