Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionPolitics in Ireland is the first major text to provide an accessible and systematic analysis of the politics of Ireland: North as well as South. With the development of a new Northern Irish political system and increasing links across the island, the authors argue that the time is ripe to study together the two polities, which share so much of a common history but which have had very different evolutions through the twentieth century. Drawing upon an exceptionally wide range of sources and their own original research, the authors deploy a thematic approach to the study of political institutions, political behaviour and public policy in both the Republic and Northern Ireland in order to produce a detailed, but highly readable, assessment of governance and politics in both political systems. This approach enables them both to outline the differences and similarities between the polities and to explain how they relate to the wider world, in particular to the UK and to Europe.
- Author BiographyMAURA ADSHEAD is Senior Lecturer and Public Administration in Politics in the Department of Politics and Public Administration, Unviersity of Limerick, Ireland. She is author of Developing European Regions? (2002) and co-editor of Public Administration and Public Policy in Ireland: Theory and Methods (2003) and Contesting the State: Lessons from the Irish Case (2008). JONATHAN TONGE is Professor of Politics at the University of Liverpool, UK. He is author of over 50 books, chapters and articles on British and Northern Irish politics. Recent books include Irish Protestant Identities (2008 co-edited), Northern Ireland (2006) and Sinn Fein and the SDLP (2005 with Gerry Murray).
- Author(s)Jonathan Tonge,Maura Adshead
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication21/04/2009
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleComparative Government and Politics
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight451 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.