All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis highly acclaimed introduction to the essential elements of the American political system is w available in a new edition, having been fully revised and updated to take into account the considerable developments in American politics over the last ten years. Written in an accessible manner, Politics in the USA establishes a framework from which to understand the intricacies of politics in the world's most powerful nation. This new edition provides students with: * essential background and history of the American political system as well as an explanation of the key structures, processes and institutions * a chapter on the significant developments in US foreign policy under Clinton and George W. Bush * analysis of Bush's Presidency and the rise of neo-conservatism * discussion of controversial issues such as gun control, abortion, gay rights, and stem cell research * suggestions for further reading and websites in each chapter. This is the most accessible, comprehensive and up-to-date textbook on American politics and will be of interest to students of American politics and international relations and politics.
- Author BiographyM. J. C. Vile is Professor Emeritus of Political Science at the University of Kent.
- Author(s)M. J. C. Vile
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/02/2007
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.