All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionThere are alternatives to neoliberal market ecomies: basic income, the money of the common and degrowth. This study highlights the potential of dissent from the initial questioning of the dominant system to the creation of new political agendas. It discusses the multiple manifestations of dissent and their contributions to shaping political alternatives; it also takes a closer look at organizations and the challenge they face trying to establish forms of resistance. The struggles of current social movements in Brazil, Turkey, Nigeria, Spain and the US exemplify practices of dissent.
- Author BiographyMartin Bak Jorgensen and Oscar Garcia Agustin are Associate Professors at the Department of Culture and Global Studies, Aalborg University.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication16/09/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitlePolitical and Social Change
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationBern
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight410 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byMartin Bak Jorgensen,Oscar Garcia Agustin
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.