Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the politics of inclusion through an analysis of the policies, politics, and debates with regard to the strategies of the state in relation to lower castes and mirities. Situated at the interface of policy and political processes, this study explores the dynamics and strategies of the state with regard to Muslims and lower castes. It examines the underlying issues that influence state policy towards disadvantaged groups and assesses specific strategies and whether these need rethinking and reshaping to take India forward in its quest for equality. It also looks at the constitutional framework, the institutional structures, and the responses and debates surrounding the inclusion for lower castes and mirities, especially the emphasis on affirmative action for the former and the continuing opposition to the inclusion of the latter in this framework.
- Author BiographyZoya Hasan is Professor, Centre for Political Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Author(s)Zoya Hasan
- PublisherOUP India
- Date of Publication29/09/2011
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintOUP India
- Weight306 g
- Width141 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.