Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionThe present study is a pioneering work, examining the general patterns of the opposition in the politics of Pakistan. The focus of the study is the role of opposition political parties as the most organized and institutionalized agents of political opposition in any society. It t only helps understand the causes of political instability, but also emphasizes the importance of tolerance and patience with dissent and criticism within society to assist democracy in taking root in Pakistan. The study deals with such questions as the determining factors in the emergence, growth, and development of the opposition in Pakistan; the relation between the government and the opposition and the extent to which it affected the political system; and the role of the opposition in the framing the constitution for the new state. It considers the perceptions of the opposition on key issues in the politics of Pakistan and describes the role of the opposition parties in the post-independence political developments in Pakistan.
- Author BiographyDr. Kausar Parveen has been teaching History at Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad, since 2004. Prior to this, she worked in Ibn-i-Ameer Government Degree College for Women, Jalalpur Jattan, and Government College for Women, Murree. Alongside her strong passion for teaching, her particular interest is in research. The major area of her interest is democratization in modern South Asia.
- Author(s)Kausar Parveen
- PublisherOUP Pakistan
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationPakistan
- ImprintOUP Pakistan
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white)
- Weight622 g
- Width148 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.