All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe environment is increasingly seen at the forefront of many political agendas. Covering and analysing important topics, such as the Kyoto protocol and deforestation, this book provides extensive coverage of all aspects of environmental politics. This unbiased survey is of interest to students, academics, business people and general researchers. Four sections present a thorough overview of current issues in the politics of the environment in historical perspective. The first section consists of essays written by a variety of academic and other experts on topics including Globalization: The Environment and Development Debate; The State, International Relations and the Environment; Environmental Movements; Mass Media and Environmental Politics; and The Ethical Dimensions of Global Environmental Change. The second section is an A-Z glossary of the Environment, which includes detailed entries explaining terms and topics such as Acid Rain, Biodiversity, Ozone Layer Depletion, Renewable Energy and Sustainable Development. In the third section maps show conservation areas, wetlands, tropical forests, greenhouse gas emissions, energy consumption etc. In the final section, statistics offer data on issues such as greenhouse gas emissions, population growth, threatened species and ratification of environmental treaties.
- Author BiographyDr Chukwumerije Okereke, Associate Professor, was appointed Reader in Environment and Development at The University of Reading in June 2011. He was previously a Senior Research Fellow and Head of Climate and Development Centre at the Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment, University of Oxford. He continues to be a visiting fellow of the Smith School and Oxford University's Environmental Change Institute (ECI). He is also a fellow and college adviser at the Green-Templeton College Oxford. Before joining Oxford, Chuks was a Senior Research Associate on the Post-2012 International Climate Policy programme at the Tyndall Centre for Climate Change, University of East Anglia. He is a member of the Editorial Board of the journal Global Environmental Politics, the official journal of the Environmental Studies Section, International Studies Association (ISA). He is also a member of the Executive Committee, Environmental Studies Sections, ISA, a member of UNEP Principles for Sustainable Insurance (PSI) project and a member of the stakeholder advisory forum, Centre for Carbon Measurement and Governance at the National Physical Laboratory (NPL). Preiouvs publcations include Global Justice and Neoliberal Environmental Governance: Ethics, Sustainable Development and International Co-operation (2008).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/07/2015
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEuropa Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight621 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byChukwumerije Okereke
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.