All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis book has a wider approach t strictly focused on crop production compared to other books that are strictly oriented towards bees, but has a generalist approach to pollination biology. It also highlights relationships between introduced and wild pollinators and consequences of such introductions on communities of wild pollinating insects. The chapters on biochemical basis of plant-pollination interaction, pollination energetics, climate change and pollinators and pollinators as bioindicators of ecosystem functioning provide a base for future insights into pollination biology. The role of honeybees and wild bees on crop pollination, value of bee pollination, planned honeybee pollination, n-bee pollinators, safety of pollinators, pollination in cages, pollination for hybrid seed production, the problem of diseases, genetically modified plants and bees, the role of bees in improving food security and livelihoods, capacity building and awareness for pollinators are also discussed.
- Author BiographyDr D P Abrol is a very energetic and dedicated scientist. He did his Ph. D from Haryana Agricultural University Hisar in 1986. After serving this university for some time he joined Division of Entomology Sher-e -Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology, Srinagar, India where he served in various capacities as Assistant and then as Associate Professor. Dr Abrol has vast experience and expertise on honeybee management, pollination biology, bee ecology, toxicology, economic entomology and pest management. His research findings have been widely appreciated. His research work has been referred /cited in national and international journals and books. He has chaired several national and international symposia/conferences and delivered lead/guest lectures. He is a member of several scientific societies in India and abroad. He has authored 10 books and published over 200 original research papers, 10 reviews, 10 book chapters and over 64 popular articles on honeybee diseases pollination biology, toxicology and integrated pest management. He is referee of the various national and international Journals and expert in various selection/screening and evaluation committees of scientific bodies /institutions of the country. He has completed several externally funded research projects and has collaborative research projects with international organizations in Poland and Switzerland. He has visited South Korea and several other countries as special invitee to these countries. Besides receiving letters of appreciation from different organizations, he is recipient of Young Scientist Award - 1992 conferred by the Jammu and Kashmir State Council for Science and Technology -a prestigious State Award for his outstanding contributions in the field of Agricultural Sciences. Besides, he is also recipient of Pran Vohra Award- 1993 - a prestigious Young Scientist Award conferred by Indian Science Congress Association Calcutta for his outstanding and innovative research in the field of agricultural sciences. He was also conferred Prof. T. N. Ananthakrishnan Award 1997-1998- a prestigious National Award for his outstanding contributions in the field of Entomology by T N Ananthakrisnan Foundation, G .S Gill Research Institute Chennai.Dr. Abrol also won Dr. Rajinder Prasad Puruskar 1999-2000 - a prestigious National Award from Indian Council of Agricultural Research New Delhi for his Hindi book on beekeeping entitled Madhmakhi Palan- Sidhant Evam Vidhian . Dr. Abrol is presently working in Division of Entomology Sher-e -Kashmir university of Agricultural Sciences and Technology, Jammu as Professor and Head and engaged in teaching and research in Entomology which he has been doing over last 25 years.
- Author(s)D. P. Abrol
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note10 black & white tables, 10 colour tables, biography
- Weight1379 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.