All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPollution prevention techlogies are experiencing great growth as organizations seek the ecomies and benefits of their implementation. Environmental audits, anticipation of International Standards Organization (ISO) 9000, the desire to avoid future liabilities, costs, and accidental chemical releases, as well as to promote worker safety and a green image in the United States and internationally, combine to encourage businesses to adopt pollution prevention programs. The implementation of pollution prevention requires diverse engineering and management practices that reduce or preclude the pollution that reaches the air, water, or soil. Pollution Prevention Opportunity Assessments, along with its accompanying software, provides business and technical managers with straightforward guidance on how to perform pollution prevention. The compiled software, HOW2DOP2, is industry- and process-tailored and will run on virtually any machine equipped with a Web browser. Pollution Prevention Opportunity Assessments is geared for small businesses that do t have large environmental staffs trained in pollution prevention principles or the time to learn thoroughly all of the background information necessary to develop a specific pollution prevention plan. Concentrating on the technical and practical subjects associated with performing pollution prevention, this book, with the accompanying software, provides practitioners with the tools to develop pollution prevention plans and to enable their businesses to benefit from their implementation.
- Author BiographyMARCUS J. HEALEY, PhD, MBA, is a multidisciplinary environmental professional and Director of the New Jersey Technical Assistance Program for Industrial Pollution Prevention at New Jersey Institute of Technology. Dr. Healey is an engineer and scientist with 22 years of domestic and overseas experience in operations, research, management, and training. DANIEL WATTS, PhD, is the Executive Director of the Emission Reduction Research Center and the Deputy Executive Director of the Center for Environmental Engineering and Science, both at NJIT. He also manages the NJIT component of the U.S. Army Sustainable Green Manufacturing Program.
- Author(s)Daniel Watts,Marcus J. Healey
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/05/1998
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight530 g
- Width166 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Contained items statementContains Online resource
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.